Wednesday, April 1, 2009

NaPoWriMo Bonus Post #1

So here's my pledge, which I will assuredly break: That I will write a blog post each day in April on some variable topic. Furthermore, I shall make a bonus post containing the kernel of some creative endeavor - lines from a poem, a concept for an extended series, a nice title, the first sentence of a story (which, since this is National Poetry Month, we'll pretend is the first sentence in a narrative poem).

Incidentally, I have serious issues with National Poetry Month as a concept, similar to the objections to Black History Month and so forth. I can, however, have fun with this, and so I shall.

Today's bonus: The two sentences to a story:

From the age of four through the age of ten, Jonathan William Bradford was convinced that his middle name was actually Fucking, an appelation not completely undeserved. Little Jonathan Fucking Bradford had certain habits and inclinations that rendered past nomenclatures (e.g. "The Menace") insufficient.

No comments: