Monday, November 24, 2008

Time / Lapse

I recently uploaded a number of old photos to Facebook. Knowing that some of you who read this blog do not have (nor want) (nor do I blame you for not wanting) access to Facebook, I'm putting up a few themed photos here. I'll let them speak for themselves unless somebody has a question, with one exception - none of these are digitally manipulated to create the main effect. That is to say, when I scanned in the photos, I used Photoshop or GIMP to restore the original color balance if at all possible. But the primary effects - the multiple instances of a single person, the smearing, all of those things that look like "special effects" - were done solely through the use of an open shutter and creative use of lighting.


Time / Lapse


Mind the Gap


State of Mind


What Big Eyes You Have


Born Slippy


Breaking Free


ifrit


Pentacostal

2 comments:

M. C. Allan (Carrie, to most) said...

Jeff, love these photos! The color and motion in them is really amazing. The ones of the faces seem like Francis Bacon picked up a camera.

JeFF Stumpo said...

You have no idea how happy the Bacon comparison makes me :-)