Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Journals

So if one were to come into some holiday spending money for oneself, to which literary journals would one subscribe? Oh, forget the "one," stuff, I want to hear from you. Yeah, you.

If you could pick five literary journals, preferably ones that include poetry, which would they be and why? For a great editorial vision? For excellent special issues? For the articles? What are the must-haves for Post(modern or avant or office or whatever)? For more conservative poetry?

I give not a rat's ass about reputation. I stuck with Poetry for several years based on reputation back in college and was disappointed on a monthly basis (it may be better now with the editorial change, but I haven't gone back to it to find out). Let me know which ones actually impress you, press into you, leave some kind of mark.

No comments: