Wednesday, January 14, 2009

iPod shuffle game/survey

This game has been floating around for a while, apparently. I didn't join in when sixteen or thirty different friends all jumped on it in Facebook. But since I turned 29 yesterday, I feel the need to do something absolutely silly. Here's the deal:

Put your iPod on shuffle and press next song for each question. Put the song that pops up on the question.


That's it. I am now prepared to be embarrassed.

Shuffle iPod Survey

How am I feeling today? All in my Head (Marie Brown)
How do my friends see me? Pedestal (Portishead)
What is my best friend's theme song? Che cosa accade, signori miei? (from Il barbiere di Siviglia)
What is the story of my life? Track 19 (a blank track off Buddy Wakefield's album Run on Anything)
What is the best thing about me? Title Track (from Death Cab For Cutie's We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes)
What is today going to be like? A Martyr For My Love For You (The White Stripes)
What is in store for this week? One Last Vow (DeVotchKa)
What song describes my mom? Instinct Blues (The White Stripes)
What song describes my dad? Tomorrow (Death Cab For Cutie)
To describe my grandparents? How To Save A Life (The Fray)
How is my life going? Paradise (Vanessa Carlton)
What song will they play at my funeral? I Got Gone (Buddy Wakefield)
How does the world see me? We Looked Like Giants (Death Cab For Cutie)
Will I have a happy life? No Sunlight (Death Cab For Cutie)
What do my friends really think of me? Vienna (The Fray)
How can I make myself happy? Roads (Portishead)
What should I do with my life? Demon Seed (Nine Inch Nails)
What is some good advice for me? Evolution Revolution Love (Remix) (Tricky)
How will I be remembered? Reptile (Nine Inch Nails)
What is my signature dancing song? A Cure For Destiny (Stephen Sargent)
What is my current theme song? What Sarah Said (Death Cab For Cutie)
What does everyone else think my current theme song is? A Thousand Miles (Vanessa Carlton)

LIFE STORY:
Opening Credits: Evening At Lafitte's (Squirrel Nut Zippers)
Waking Up: Track 22 (another blank track off the Buddy Wakefield album)
First Day At School: How It Ends (DeVotchKa)
Falling In Love: People Ain't No Good (Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds)
Fight Song: If Yo' Shit Was Togetha' (Joaquin Zihuatanejo)
Breaking Up: Track 21 (yet another blank off Wakefield)
Prom: Just for Now (Imogen Heap)
Life's OK: Sour Times (Portishead)
Mental Breakdown: Thursday (Morphine)
Driving: Prelude to a Kiss (Duke Ellington)
Flashback: On The Alamo (Duke Ellington)
Getting Back Together: Suddenly I See (KT Tunstall)
Wedding: Come All You Weary (Thrice)
Birth of Child: Winter (Tori Amos)
Final Battle: In the Highways (off the O Brother, Where Art Thou soundtrack)
Death Scene: Ma bravi! Ma benone! (Il barbieri di Siviglia)
Funeral Song: Black Hair (Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds)
End Credits: Amputations (Death Cab For Cutie)


Huh. Some of those are actually pretty funny.

2 comments:

uzma said...

its really great to read his poetry & he has a great knowledge

Robert jason said...

Okay so you put your iPod on shuffle and answer the following questions! How am I feeling today? I'm Good.

Robert

Cheap Ipod Shuffle