Monday, March 30, 2009

In Brief

Been looking through old journals, since I'm almost at the end of my current one. Found a couple of poems that I think I can revisit and rework with the (sometimes years') distance. In the meantime, thought-starters for anyone visiting:

---

I've got the White House as #3 on my speed dial / right after God / and Al Pacino

---

A fat rabbit hops into a bar. The bartender says, "We don't like your kind, round hare."

---

Those who give up the search for Truth may still seek (and even demand) consistencies of the world.

---

Snowpile haiku:

home to the fairies-
this sparklingwhite sparklingwhite
hill that isn't there

---

th #s n m hd bgn slppng

---

I can't ever walk on water without comparisons to Jesus.

---

Life raft, accordion

---

If they talked a mile a minute: Brothers Karamazov, Huck Finn, Mrs Dalloway, etc

---

rocket propelled serenade

---

Parody of song playing non-stop on radio:

My girl's in
The next room
I must be some kind of tool
I guess I never expected gooooooooooooon
orrhea and syphilis and HIV
I'm a fuckin' idiot with fifteen STDs
And my balls just ain't feelin' too well
Thanks to the lips of an angel

---

We have met the Underworld, and it is Us.

---

lemurs & meth

---

list of things I think I hear Ilya Kaminsky say during a reading at AWP:

"stature of a persian crane"
"refusing to better, they are dead"
"they make love - in the moving they are unable to hear"
"a straight judge, a soprano, a Venetian"
"there are cares before wine"
"closed doors and no flashlights"
"colonialism moves the mouth"
"yes, the police are fatigated"
"in back came a marble eviction"

---

[two pages later in this journal I note my first meeting with Karin Gottshall - heard a poem of hers at one of the evening shindigs and absolutely had to write a poem in response]

---

To you, my bibliographers, my failed millennium,

---

Hope somebody gets inspired.

No comments: